Saturday, May 28, 2011

Boobs & Boredom

In between daydreaming about being a mommy, I stare myself down in the mirror and say, "Self, why are your boobs so small?"

In the weeks leading up to my robotic myomemctomy, I often told my mother that if I didn't wake up with a working reproductive system, I'd at least like some bigger boobs. She told me the doctor would probably need more money AND warning to make that little dream come true. 

I'm not writing this up to have a self-hate moment. What GOD gave me is not whack. I'm pretty healthy, I don't think I was born the wrong gender and I don't look like big foot. However, sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I had a c-cup instead of a no-cup...I mean an a-cup (which I magically turn into a b cup. Oh yes, honey. It can be done). 

I've thought about this since my college years. I often joke and say when my husband gets rich, he'll buy my boobs.  The truth is even if he became a millionaire, I'd still be a no-cup.  It's not because I'm too cheap...after all, I want a $175 pair of Tori Burch flats. It's just that...I'm simply too scared to do it. It's just not worth it to go dangerously close to death, which is what I consider surgery, for something cosmetic. (Just because I think that now, doesn't mean I won't change my mind someday.)

Sooo...I'll spend the rest of my life..at least the foreseeable future... wondering if a c-cup has the power to change my life.  I'll also be hoping that I have a healthy daughter who has everything I have in life AND MORE. That includes a Ph.D. and a c-cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment